Sunday, November 9, 2014

Paumanok Path Section #5 - Flanders, NY - November 9, 2014

Where: Paumanok Path from Route 104 to Route 24 in Flanders (First Half of Section 5 from Links Below)
Mileage: 6.5 miles one way or 13 miles out and back
Difficulty: Moderate, minor hills, long mileage
Wildlife: Deer, spiders

In the quest to finish the entire Paumanok Path of Long Island, I will be hiking it in sections and posting them separately with a final post for the entirety of the path.

I am trying a different media for this and slowly learning how to make videos so as the posts come along I expect the videos to become of better quality and hopefully the final product will be something that can be learned from and help in getting awareness to the natural side of Long Island.

The section videos will be quite long as I have been taking quite a number of photos as I hike along to encompass as much of the hike as possible to create a visual walk. For the final video I will cut this down to just the photos that project the beauty of the path in the best way.

The sections will be hiked out of order but will hopefully have enough time to cover all of them. My beau will be hiking the terminus with me at the end of the month which I am excited for. 

For this section, there is a parking lot off Pleasure Drive Rd just off Route 104. Please take note that you need to obtain permits to hike many of the sections of this Path. I found this section to be one of my favorites out of other places I've hiked on the island. Manorville was always my favorite place to go, but this section just southeast of Manorville is also lovely. It was very peaceful with gentle hills and crisp fallen leaves underneath my feet. There were only 2 other hikers and a few mountain bikers that came across my path this day. Below are some photos and a video capturing the hike. Enjoy.















13 miles both ways


Link:



Music Used in Video:

Come Wander With Me - Bonnie Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment